Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Self-Regulatory behavior.

   The self-regulatory behavior that challenged me the most during my four years of high school was “motivation”. Math was, and still is, my absolute worst enemy. When it came to this horrid subject I just couldn’t understand why it was necessary for me to spend an hour a day learning a ton of different math formulas and equations that I wasn’t going to use in my future. It’s not like I have to go around trying to find the square root of a number in everyday life right? I felt like math was boring, complicated and had absolutely no point so the urge to pay attention was just totally not there.
     To be totally honest I still don’t see the point of calculus, geometry and those other different math subjects created to ruin my life but, there was something in high school that I guess you can say motivated me to become a little bit more enthusiastic about the subject. A big fat “F” on my report card in algebra 2. I still haven’t totally conquered my self-regulatory behavior of “motivation” when it comes to math just yet, but knowing I have to learn it in order to pass the class is enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Conquering low motivation may be defeated by you deciding why you are in college. What do you want to achieve with a degree? Math is a part of that journey so look at it as a necessary part of a greater accomplishment. I distinctly remember taking courses that I did not necessarily enjoy, but I did complete them with decent grades. I needed a good gpa for graduate school. Every class brought me closer to my goal of being a teacher and being able to make a decent living. Nothing was going to get in my way. Get tutors and defeat those math courses.

    ReplyDelete